Finding and keeping quality employees is essential to businesses and to our local economy.
Delaware County already is home to a large pool of educated, healthy and happy residents. And one of our primary goals here at Delaware County Economic Development is to attract businesses who are motivated to employ Delaware County residents.
- 51% of our adult residents have bachelor’s degrees (or more). The U.S. average is 33%.
- 96% of our adult residents are high-school graduates. The U.S. average is 88%.
- We are home to four of the top public-school districts in the state of Ohio (Big Walnut, Buckeye Valley, Delaware City and Olentangy) and to the Delaware Area Career Center, an outstanding vocational education school.
- The rate of home ownership in Delaware County is 81.6 percent. The U.S. average is 62.9 percent.
- Delaware County has been named the “Healthiest County in Ohio” by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for the last four years and for five of the last six years. In 2018, it was ranked the No. 12 healthiest county in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report.
We can help connect you with these quality future employees. Below are some resources to help you get started.